Golden Shower

Our son loves the splash park, walking in the rain puddles, playing with fountain water and taking a bath.  He loves water.  The only problem is that he doesn't understand yet what is water and what isn't.  Or maybe it's just that he is a normal, very curios little boy.

My husband and I decided that we would start an early potty training with our son by having Gregory watch Daddy pee.  My husband said, "Gregory is definitely interested.  He watches me."

The other day, my husband had a phone call to make and he had to use the bathroom.  Gregory toddled behind Daddy, as usual, into the bathroom.  Daddy was on the phone with two of his friends via conference calling... suddenly he shouts as he is fumbling with his cell phone and other body parts, "What!  Wait!  Hold on!  OH MY GOD, I'M PEEING ON MY SON!"

He hears his friends shouting back, "What?!  What's going on?!"

He tries to explain, "Hold on!  Let me call you back!  I'm talking to you and pee'ing and my son is reaching out to play with the pee while I'm peeing!"  At this point, I'm imagining his friends rolling on the floor laughing, because they replied, "No!  Don't hang up!  This is the best laugh we've had all week."

My husband shared with me, "There I am, trying to not drop the phone, grab my son and wash his hands and having to still pee, because unlike women, we can't just stop it once it has started."

Sometimes you just have to blog about it :)

Now, how do you teach a child the difference between rain and golden showers?


Comments

Aleta, that is hilarious!